Sunday 22 August 2010

People Of Pakistan Deeply Moved By British Flood Danger

This harrowing sight brings tears to the eyes of millions in Pakistan
Big-hearted Pakistanis are delving deep into their waterlogged pockets to donate funds to alleviate the terrible flash floods which are expected to devastate Britain tonight, according to charity relief workers.

“When an impoverished, backward nation like Great Britain is hit by a natural disaster of such awful magnitude, my heart goes out to the poor, simple people who invariably lose what little they have,” said tribal elder Muhammed Fadil Jarwar, treading water above his submerged house. “I’m sure my wife Husna would be the first to agree, if she wasn’t floating face-down somewhere downstream at the moment.”

“Sadly, most people dismiss Britain as nothing more than a fertile breeding ground for terrorists, run by an autocratic government which happily spends billions on nuclear weapons yet cares nothing for the terrible plight of ordinary people,” commented a missing farmer’s wife, Salwa Badini, from the top of a tree. “But I always think of the suffering peasants who scrape out a meagre living in remote rural villages which nobody has ever heard of, like Harbertonford, watching helplessly as their livelihoods are swept away by a raging torrent of muddy floodwater.”

“I shall be taking a deep breath and diving down to my home, to look for a rupee or two to send to the needy people of Britain in their time of need,” she promised. “While I’m there, I’ll see if I can find my children.”

No comments: