Friday 30 May 2008

Blair to Devote Life to Promoting Self-Belief

Former Prime Minister Tony Blair says he intends to devote the rest of his life to uniting the world’s religions.

Launching his religious foundation in New York, the recent Catholic convert and advisor to Mammon said that faith could be ‘a civilising force in globalisation’, telling Time magazine that religious belief had given him strength while in power.

“Hey, look,” said Mr Blair, “All I’m saying is that God is a pretty regular kind of guy, and if everyone had faith then all of the world’s problems would be solved instantly.”

“Obviously I’m not talking about nutters who blow themselves up,” he went on. “But I think people want a straight-talking sort of God - someone who moves among them in a very real sense, bringing peace to the Middle East and prosperity to the financial community. Someone with experience of leading a nation in times of war, or indeed leading a nation into war. If only we could find a figure of such stature. What, me? Hey, it honestly never occurred to me. But if the world were to ask me to be their God, then I suppose I would have to humbly consider the voice of the people before accepting the role that was thrust upon me.”

No comments: